Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Dalliance (sold!)

still life,oil on board,8x8,price $110
copyright Laura Gable SOLD

Being a Nebraska girl, I am constantly drawn to sunflowers. They have a whimsy about them, with bobbing heads in the slightest of breezes. And the centers have such expressive face like qualities. I completed this painting in the studio last August, on a very hot day. It's energetic brushwork is sometimes like second nature, sometimes I have to dig it out of the bottom of the well. It appeared more effortless on this day.

[Dear constant follower. You may see some duplication here, as I am loading the unsold and unframed work into my dailypaintworks portfolio. Until I get an opportunity to get fully back into my studio after this year's hiatus, you may continue to see some repetition.]

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Egretta, and thank you so much for following my blog.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?