Wednesday, January 22, 2014

.. a journal page

A journal page, plant dyed paper, with watercolor pencils added. ©Laura gable
Today was a day shared with fellow artists. We had a mini session spent working with watercolor - colored pencils. I used a journal page I had started, from the summer, adding the colored pencils to the fairly lightly toned paper. It had been eco-dyed with local plant material from my yard. The paper I used was Velin Arches, and the leaves were tucked into the pages, bound and boiled several hours in water with a touch of vinegar to act as a mordant. If you were to look at it closely (though difficult in this photo), you can actually see the impression of the leaves into the paper.

Eventually this will be added into one of my art journals. Words may be added next. It was great fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?