Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Caught in the Ether

"Caught in the Ether" 5.75" x 5.75", oil on 3/8" thick Art Board (natural maple boards), ©Laura Gable
This was painted on a Sunday, after a skirmish involving some rather hasty fellows and watermelons ...
Perhaps you see your own interpretation in this lively play of color and pattern.

Anyway, just something a little playful for the weekend. Just needed to get into the studio after a hiatus and push some paint around. Today I opted for colors I'm fond of - periwinkles, magentas and luminous blues. This little non-representational piece has a lightheartedness that I was after today.

Come journey with me,
As I take lighthearted steps, beyond
and into the Ether of the regions that border
the areas I've grown long familiar with.
A step now made into the unknown,
I look ahead with a joyful soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?