Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Two Rivers' Reflections

"Two Rivers' Reflections" 6x6 oil on cradled panel, ©Laura Gable
We live in a region that has many rivers flowing through. I once heard a quote by a well known artist that I'm paraphrasing … "When you live in an area that has rivers, your work will be very fluid." I like that. This was painted in Two Rivers Park in Finley at the confluence of the Snake and Columbia River. Across the river to the north (not pictured here) is the Sacajawea National Park where Lewis and Clark are said to have camped during their excursion through Washington.

On this day I had an audience of 4 little children who tumbled out of their parents van as it rolled to a stop behind me. I was distracted by a flock of geese herding their juveniles onto the shoreline. Apparently though the children were more interested in what I was painting than in this parade of fowl.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?