Monday, July 20, 2009

"Birth"


The language of this painting speaks from my heart. I love it's ethereal quality and the sense of movement. I recently read that sunflowers and nests have a sense of commonality, in that they represent a mandala motif. Perhaps that is my connection to the two of them. Mandala is a pattern that allows one to go inside to nurture and to recharge. I was striving for a way to combine a realistic subject matter in a semi abstracted manner. Tell me what you think.
20x24
Oil on Canvas
-SOLD-

1 comment:

  1. Hi Laura, Good seeing you in Prosser last Saturday evening. Very nice blog and lovely work here! When I can remember I'll pay your studio a visit. Here's a link to my blog - I mostly sketch and interact with a bunch of folks online from all over the globe.
    http://bmgarnersketches.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?