Monday, June 3, 2013

Late Bloom and Harvest (SOLD)

"Late Bloom and Harvest" 8x8 oil on board, ©Laura Gable
It certainly feels like the unofficial start of summer. June 1st always does that to me. So why am I posting pumpkins and late harvest roses? Well this is a painting on my shelf here that's in need of some love. SO... I thought I would share it so that "you" could send it some love. It's got some little issues all it's own, but then that's what makes it unique. 

What I do like about it ... is the way the periwinkle reflection on the cup shimmers, the reddish shadows cast on the punkin grab at my heart and attention, and the limey greens on the cup's brighter side have a luminous, playful feel to them. Don't we all feel better about ourselves if we focus on the positive aspects rather than what is "wrong" with us (and our work ;-). Afterall, we are only human and so fraught with shortcomings.

For today I also thought I'd share a lovely quote that so speaks to my heart. While cleaning out cupboards in my art room, I found this lovely quote I had scrawled on a torn piece of paper. I love revisiting it. Hope you enjoy.


"To love a person is to learn the song that is in their heart ~ 
and to sing it to them when they have forgotten." 
-Thomas Chandler

2 comments:

  1. I agree with all that you say here, and thank you for sharing the lovely quote. This beautiful painting makes me long for fall...my favorite time of year. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your kind comment, Sherry. I do love autumn as well. Thank you for "loving" the art and quote selection.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?