Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Mischievous

"Mischievous" 6x6 oil painting on board, ©Laura Gable (not for sale)
In honor of Father's Day a few days ago, I thought I would repost this painting I did of my Dad a few years ago. He is now 84 years young, and very active and healthy. He and my mom are quite the world travelers, and recently came back from a trip to Paris and the wine region of France last year. Astonishingly, they went to the little cafe that Van Gogh painted -- luminous golds and yellows in the outdoor cafe, against the deep blues of the night sky. It is in Arles and quite the tourist destination. Ah, a dream of mine to go there.

This study was based on a photo of my Dad. He had a mischievous look on his face, as a small kitten had curled up and fallen asleep in the crook of his arm. I've been hankering to do another companion piece of my mom, so will see if I have some good source material to do that soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?