Tuesday, November 6, 2012

97 Cannon Beach at Low Tide (SOLD)

97 "Cannon Beach at Low Tide" 2x3 inches oil on canvas, © Laura Gable (SOLD)
Recently a group of my friends were discussing where we like to stay along the Oregon coast. Most preferred the Cannon beach area. The unmistakable "haystack rock" is surprisingly about 23 stories high. A bit deceiving until you start the trek towards it, taking much longer than it seems it should. And at low tide, the tide pools are a joy to experience with the star fish, anemones, and other abundant life. I always enjoy the way the sea and all it's breezes seem to wash my cares away. And so filled with these memories, I recall the myriad colors in the sea, the wet and drying sand and on the rock itself. Do you have beach experiences to share?

I hope you are enjoying this election day, and that you got an opportunity to vote. I always think of those suffrage women and how hard they suffered to gain the vote for women, and so I feel it is an honor to have this privilege. Can we even begin to imagine the strife they went through being denied this right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?