Thursday, January 10, 2013

Forward Motion

"Forward Motion" 12x12 oil pastel and oil paint on board, ©Laura Gable
Today I wasn't able to connect with the studio, so I painted a bit at home with the materials I have here. Or actually, I felt like I had an opportunity to play at "coloring" with my old friends -- Sennelier metallic super creamy oil pastels. They are so fun to work with--a step up from the crayons I used when I was young.  The surface is an Ampersand aqua board, which I like because it has a lot of tooth. In a few places the color was thinned and spread a bit using mineral spirits; plus I added layers of oil paint and oil glazes in places. I wanted the lines to have a lot of dynamic tension, with pleasing color, and a definite focal point. Also focused and spreading the light, middle, and darkest values around the painting.
title: "Forward Motion"
size: 12" x 12"
medium: oil pastel and oil paint
surface: aquaboard (formerly called clayboard textured)
CLICK TO BUY

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?