Saturday, January 28, 2012

Wing Study


wing study, watercolor


detail

detail
The morning was filled with brilliant light, hearkening to an impending Spring-time. The warm temperatures made me wistful for the coming months. I felt like a young calf wanting to kick up it's heels after being penned inside the barn for the entire winter.

It seemed like a fitting time to play a bit with watercolor on hot-press. A lighter weight paper, with a bit more vellum cotton in feel, proved a playful surface to begin my series of wing themed artwork. I see that I need to study the actual forms a bit more in order to make this believable and not just an abstract shape. My super fine tip pen added some light stippling off the edges, and a white china marker was used on the surface of the lovely Prussian blue areas, to add the feather-like dimensions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?