Sunday, September 2, 2012

32 Regal View

32 "Regal View" 12x16 oil on board, copyright Laura Gable
I joined my friend for a fun outing to paint the courthouse in Pasco on a lovely cooler day here in one of our neighboring tri-cities. The shadows were sneaking around to the backside, but the front facade in full shade still provided an excellent opportunity to capture this majestic, historic essence. The bluish shadows on the front sidewalk were luminous against the new concrete around the rose garden. Even though I stood in a flowerbed (that had weeds, but no flowers), it was right up there as one of my favorite plein air experiences. Superior Tree Service was quite close by, removing old dead trees in the park. The loud vibrating saws actually created an interesting melody which managed to drown out the inner critic. I was glad that the critic took the day off -- it is always more fun when that sound is silenced or muted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?