Saturday, September 29, 2012

59 Bygone Era

59 "Bygone Era" 8x8 oil on board, copyright Laura Gable
This little vignette was based on an old photo I picked up at the Roxy Antique Store. She has the neatest treasures tucked into her shop. It's quite a community there with Ann Steiger and her many vendors. Last week there was a box full of old photographs from a family, long passed. I found this little black and white and really enjoyed the composition. It was a treat to experiment and make my own color choices. I've been in a nostalgic mood and this was just the perfect painting for this perfect day.

 I have no idea if this is a common color of old cars back in this bygone era. I'm not that up on old cars, so if anyone can help me identify the make of car I would appreciate it. Perhaps it is an old Buick??

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?