Thursday, September 27, 2012

57 painted chair and "Vision"

Painted Chair, Laura Gable
The Painted Chair auction event is a fundraiser which includes many of the downtown merchants. The auction will take place during the Women's Expo on Oct 14 & 15th. I'm really loving this sweet little chair that I painted today, with its turquoise and aqua peacock seat and metallic taupe back and spindles. It looks great in my studio. Kinda don't want to part with it. ;-)


Painted Chair, close up view of seat, Laura Gable
I was able to double up a painting on one day so I can still count this day towards my goal of 100 paintings in 100 days. It's gone through a few revisions, and has a softer element than what I'd previously posted. An old painting that didn't quite work out, made the perfect under painting for this little painting... with parts of the original peeking through.

57 "Vision" 8x10 oil on canvas, copyright Laura Gable

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?