Sunday, October 21, 2012

81 Bubbles (this has been revised - no longer for sale)

81 "Bubbles" 12x12 oil painting on board, Copyright Laura Gable
One of the artist's I follow online gave me some insight as to how she works on clayboard. She uses paint sticks or oil pastels. I have a few old Shiva paint sticks - the kind that grow a heavy film over their surface, so you have to carve it off. I don't have many colors, so have to supplement the rest of the colors with oil paints. It's amazing how quickly they dry on this clay surface, the oil just wicks into the surface. I didn't use much medium this time - but it would be interesting to prepare the board first with linseed oil, as one of the websites suggested. Perhaps I'll try that another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?