Tuesday, October 23, 2012

83 Winter Squash (SOLD)

83 "Winter Squash" 2.5" x 2.5" oil on board, copyright Laura Gable
A sweet little painting of a lovely blue pumpkin or squash. I'm not sure what variety they are, as I tossed the label. The greenish heathery color is so unique, and their little twisted up stems, full of character. I've about exhausted these little boards. They complete a bit quicker since they don't hold much detail, yet my eyes tire more quickly while working on them.

The other day, a young man in an effort to describe me and my art, said he thought I was "that detailed painter". And then he made a scrunched up writing motion, pulling his shoulder in and putting his hand up next to his face. Interesting though, I don't really think of myself as a detailed painter, as I've been known to omit a great deal of detail. But then when you consider that I am painting these very small canvases, I suppose I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?