Monday, August 13, 2012

12 Lean on Me

The evening approaches and the canvas surface is still bare. Where to start to continue this 100 day challenge. If I bow out now, it won't be too graceful. Letting oneself down can be very abysmal. Fortunately I have these Ampersand aquabords and my watercolor paints here at home. I'm not especially fond of them as I've yet to master the way they handle the water and the paint. They do not absorb as much as the paper and so there's a bit of a learning curve. I'm sure someday I'll look back and rave about the process. That's usually the way it goes.

Here's a quick still life of that yummy pear I'm just aching to eat. It's just the right season for them and they are so juicy. I find the blush on the side of pears so pretty. The background resembles a summer night of stargazing.


12 "Lean on Me" watercolor on 8x10 aquabord, ©Laura Gable

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?