Tuesday, August 14, 2012

13 Dalliance (sold)

I have returned to the world of sunflowers. It is in an effort to bring me back to a state of calm. After a day of getting "almost" lost and then getting stuck on a dead end road, while a train crossed behind me ... proceeded to stop and blocked me in. As I made my u-turn and came back to the crossing to wait for him, realization struck that he was going nowhere. I have no idea what that was all about, but I was concerned that I would be there through the evening and it was sweltering hot and I needed to get to the studio - or home - or back to civilization any way possible. Hunting for outdoor painting locations can have it's drawbacks! After some investigation, I fortunately discovered that down a short embankment was a deeply rutted, dirt road that followed the tracks, snaking behind several overgrown properties before letting out on a paved street about a mile up. I could almost hear the banjo's playing from "Deliverance" and was mighty glad to get out of there and to breathe again. Hallelujah, praise the Lord!

The painting is called "Dalliance" and has that energetic brushwork that I find remarkable. Sometimes it's like second nature, sometimes I have to dig it out of the bottom of the well. Today the paint just burst from the brush and this little gem was born. And yes, after it was completed, I felt much more at peace.


13 "Dalliance" oil on 8x8 board, ©Laura Gable

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?